Directus, the “world's first open data platform,” is the latest player in the MACH and DXP space to raise funding.
According to TechCrunch, Directus is “taking a different approach to most of its competitors by combining traditional developer tools with a no-code approach to offer a highly flexible open source data platform for its enterprise users. Using the service’s tools, developers can easily turn any SQL database into an API to power their apps — or use the service’s no-code tools to build apps that way, too.”
Elsewhere, Octana raised a $1.5M seed round and Sitecore explained where it fits into the composable DXP revolution.
“What I identified was that there’s a lot of repetition in the engineering being done — the authentication and authorization, the connectivity, the database, the data access, caching,” Haynes explained. “That’s all for building the deliverable, but once you hand that off, you need a way to manage it.”
Kentico Acknowledged as a Customers’ Choice in Gartner® Research
"In the 2022 Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Digital Experience Platforms, Gartner Peer Insights published 818 reviews. Kentico was assessed based on 58 user reviews. Its Overall Score as of 2022 is 4.4 out of 5 and the reviewers’ willingness to recommend the product is at an awesome 89%. We consider this recognition to be an amazing achievement and proof that putting satisfied customers at the center of what we do is the right way to go."
Read More >>
Fireside with DXP Report: Weekly Wrap Up with Kaya & Andres
Things that caught our eye
- Headless CMS Vendors Seeking Growth…: Should consider Content Services.
- Cristi Movilă, VTEX: Headless commerce is an approach that accelerates the evolution of digital commerce.
- Testing Headless Commerce for Retail Success: “Implementing multiple tools for every test case is possible but maintaining scripts quickly becomes a barrier to optimising workflows and productivity.”
- AEM as a Headless CMS?: An Adobe developer walks you through it.
The word on the street...
- [Twitter] Sitecore on Composable Digital Experience Platforms: Their presentation dives into what MACH architecture is, how it relates to Composable DXP, and where Sitecore fits in.
- [Reddit] SEO with a Headless CMS?: What does the process look like?
- [Reddit] React Developer Struggles with Headless CMS Concept: Redditors lend a helping hand.
- [Reddit] A Free and Open Source CMs for React?: Payload, Strapi, Contentful and Directus have all been recommended.
- [Twitter] Kaya Ismail Recaps His Take on Ninetailed’s Funding Round: “Composable architecture is the way forward. Some [products] have formed alliances with one another, while others are quietly going about building API-first, MACH-aligned platforms. However, I do see a risk lurking beneath the surface.”
Submit News | Become a Sponsor