Jamstack Creators Netlify Acquire Gatsby
Yet another open-source React framework has been acquired.
Netlify and Gatsby have been synonymous with the Jamstack movement since it began. Netlify, as the creators, and Gatsby as one of the more popular frameworks and static site generators for Jamstack sites. Now the two will be joining forces.
By acquiring Gatsby, Netlify hopes to empower developers to build a better web and accelerate composable architecture adoption.
“The future of the web is composable architectures. The acquisition of Gatsby not only accelerates our product roadmap, but more importantly, allows us to provide developers with increased flexibility and choice in building composable web experiences,” said Netlify CEO Matt Biilmann. “We’re excited to integrate Gatsby’s cloud innovations into the Netlify platform, and open up Gatsby’s content hub and source plugin ecosystem to the diverse world of modern frontend frameworks like Astro, Next, and Remix.”
Elsewhere, CrafterCMS expands its marketplace, a new headless CMS launches, and commercetools and Optimizely appoint new members to their respective executive teams.
“We share a belief in the future of composable architecture, and together, we will better be able to bring our cloud solution to enterprise teams and accelerate the adoption of composable.”
Read More >>
Fireside with DXP Report: Weekly Wrap Up with Kaya & Andres
Stories that caught our eye
- commercetools Appoints Blaine Trainor to Lead Global Partnerships: Over two decades of eCommerce experience has joined the commercetools team.
- Optimizely Names Two New Executive Team Members: The DXP provider has appointed new Chief Marketing and Sales Officers.
- How MKM Building Supplies Went Headless: An interesting case study from the BigCommerce client shows what can be achieved with headless.
- Acquia Wins TrustRadius Awards: The Acquia DXP and DAM came out on top in Best Feature Set, Best Relationship, and Best Value for Price.
The word on the street...
- [Twitter]: Are these framework acquisitions a cause for concern?: With Gatsby the latest to be acquired, the debate begins.
- [LinkedIn]: Is everyone really looking to go headless?: Alex Belding wagers that’s not entirely true.
- [Reddit]: Is AI useless?: This Redditor thinks it's not all that it’s cracked up to be.
Submit News | Become a Sponsor