Originally a division of Kentico, Kontent.ai has established itself as a separate company following a $40M investment from Expedition Growth Capital.
“With this investment into Kontent.ai, now as its own company, we’re excited to expand our global footprint helping enterprise teams scale their content operations, make the most of machine learning and AI, and deliver exceptional digital experiences. At Kontent.ai, we push the boundaries of content management to give our customers the competitive edge,” said Bart Omlo, CEO of Kontent.ai.
As for Kentico, the company is entering a new phase as a cloud-native, flexible digital experience platform.
“With the carve-out of Kontent.ai, we can truly focus on our DXP offering. It means that 100% of our profit can now be fully reinvested in innovating our digital experience platform. On top of that, the Kentico Xperience division can leverage the longevity and history of the Kentico brand and return to its roots. From today, Kentico Xperience is refreshing its name to Kentico.
From a corporate standpoint, Petr Palas, the founder of Kentico, has moved to the position of Chairman of the Board for both companies and our newly formed board has appointed me, Dominik Pinter, as Chief Executive Officer of Kentico.”
Elsewhere in the DXP space, GraphCMS became Hygraph, Storyblok announced a $1.5M partner fund, and Sitecore Experience Manager Cloud (Sitecore XM Cloud) is now available.
“Today, we’re excited to introduce ourselves as Kontent.ai and share some big investment news! Learn more about the new company and our vision for the future.”
Read More >>
Things that caught our eye
- Netlify Invests in 10 Startups: They’re getting $100k each to innovate.
- [Webinar] Explaining Composable Commerce to Executives: The technology world is abuzz with all things "composable", but is it just a buzzword?
- AI21 Labs Raises $64M: The OpenAI rival just got a huge cash injection.
- Top 5 Development Trends for Startups: Flutter, headless CMS, and more.
- Sephora Choose commercetools: The global makeup giant is going composable.
The word on the street...
- [LinkedIn] Updating Monoliths is Hard: As take it_ Co-founder Wessel van der Pal explains.
- [Reddit] Best Page Builder for Gatsby?: This Redditor wants a way to build pages with a builder before drafting in a headless CMS.
- [Reddit] Best Headless CMS with a MySQL Database?: Directus and Strapi were both mentioned.
Submit News | Become a Sponsor