Ronak Ganatra, former VP of Marketing at Hygraph (previously known as GraphCMS) has penned an extremely interesting piece on the headless CMS landscape, both present, and future.
According to Ganatra, the headless CMS market is poised to splinter into three categories, with the term “CMS” becoming less and less relevant.
“When working at Hygraph, I started to get really involved in understanding more about vendor selection when having discussions with other MACH vendors, seeing which events and conferences other vendors were present at, and when observing what kinds of case studies each vendor was promoting (as well as some insights from our own sales discussions).
Some patterns began to become quite apparent,” Ganatra said.
Elsewhere in DXP land, Umbraco hired a new CMO, MyPlanet raised $11M, and frontend developers discuss their preferred headless CMS.
"Although they’re both leaders on the same G2 grid for Headless CMS with very similar comments, the nuanced differences in their API and capabilities are quite striking."
Read More >>
Fireside with DXP Report: Dominik Pinter of Kentico
GENUI Acquires Majority Stake in Magnolia
"We are seeing a shift away from monolithic application solutions toward modular approaches. This is an exceptional strategic opportunity for Magnolia, which offers a future-proof composable digital experience platform for the enterprise," commented GENUI’s Amit Shah.
Read More >>
Things that caught our eye
- Xlash Fuels Global Cosmetics eCommerce Expansion With Headless Technology: Swedish beauty brand Xlash has partnered with Storyblok, an enterprise headless CMS, to help drive its global eCommerce presence.
- Why You Should Migrate From WordPress to a Headless CMS: Courtesy of take it_ Co-founder Wessel van der Paled.
- What Is Shopify Headless Commerce?: Shopify’s take on the trend.
- Building a Headless Commerce Site: With ButterCMS.
The word on the street...
- [Reddit] Frontend Devs Choose…: Their favorite headless CMS.
- [Reddit] One Developer’s Search: For a headless CMS with components.
- [LinkedIn] What Is a Git-based CMS?: CrafterCMS chimes in.
Submit News | Become a Sponsor